& Commercialization of
Sustainable Aviation Fuel"
The Goal of SAFUG is to Accelerate Development and Commercialization
of Sustainable Aviation Fuels
The Sustainable Aviation Fuel Users Group was formed in September 2008 with support and advice from the world's leading environmental organizations such as the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB). The group is focused on accelerating the development and commercialization of sustainable aviation biofuels.
SAFUG announces the release of a Global Policy Statement on Indirect Land Use Change (ILUC). Read more »
All members have signed a Sustainable Pledge, and believe that a key driver to a carbon neutral industry is advancing and adopting sustainable aviation biofuels. This shall significantly reduce life cycle GHG emissions over conventional petroleum based aviation fuels. These fuels:
- Exhibit minimal impact on biodiversity
- Meet a sustainabiliy standard with respect to land, water, and energy use
- Do not displace or compete with food crops
- Provide a positive socioeconomic impact
- Do not require any special fuel handling equipment, distribution systems, or changes to engine design